About Paula S. O'Neil, Ph.D.
Elected in 2008 and 2012 by the voters of Pasco County, Florida, Paula O'Neil became the seventh person and first female to serve as Clerk of Circuit Court & County Comptroller in Pasco County’s history. Prior to serving as a constitutional officer, Paula worked in various capacities in Pasco County government. She has dedicated 29 years to excellence in Pasco County government. With a continual desire to mentor and teach, Paula also serves as an adjunct professor for Saint Leo University in the MBA Program.
Dr. O'Neil holds a Doctorate in Philosophy in Applied Management and Decision Sciences, and is a Certified Public Manager, University of South Florida Executive Fellow, Leadership Pasco Alumnus, and Florida Sterling Examiner.
Paula serves on the Board of Directors for Florida West Coast Credit Union, Pasco Safety Town, Central Florida Behavioral Health Network, Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers, and the Clerk of Courts Operations Corporation. She serves in advisory capacities for Pasco-Hernando State College, Rasmussen College, and Saint Leo University. Paula was the 2010 and 2011 Chair for the Pasco County Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and is Honorary Chair this year. She served as President of the Florida Court Clerks & Comptrollers from 2013-2014. She is a member of the Rotary Club of Seven Springs and the Chambers of Commerce.
Paula and her office have been recognized with the following awards:
- 2016 Achievement Award – Criminal Case Viewer National Association of Counties (NACO)
- 2016 Domestic Violence Prevention Program Organization Honoree – Salvation Army 015, 2014, 2013, 2012 …1983 – Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting – Government Finance Officers Association of U.S. & Canada (GFOA)
- 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012 Distinguished Budget Presentation Award – GFOA
- 2015 Achievement Award – Juror Cash Payment Program – NACO
- 2015 Pacesetter Team – Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- 2014 Popular Annual Financial Reporting Award – GFOA
- 2014 Sapphire Award, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 2013 Lady Justice Award – West Pasco Legal Support Specialists
- 2012 Government Service Award - West Pasco Board of Realtors
- 2012 Achievement Award – Customer Call Center – NACO
- 2011 Outstanding Public Servant – West Pasco Chamber of Commerce
- 2010 Justice Award – West Pasco Bar Association
- 2010 Business Woman of the Year for Government – Tampa Bay Business Journal
- 2010 Achievement Award – Electronic Foreclosure Sales – NACO
- 2010 Achievement Award – Integrated Management Operating System – NACO
- 2009 Service Award – Domestic Violence Task Force
- 2009 Achievement Award – Customer Flow Management - NACO
- 2009 Best Place to Work – Workforce
- 2007 Achievement Award – eFiling in Probate –NACO
- 2005 Achievement Award – Leadership Training Program –NACO
- 2005 Achievement Award – Scan and Hand Program –NACO
- 2005 Florida Askew Merit of Recognition – Florida Society of Certified Public Managers
Paula is dedicated to Enhanced Quality of Life as a cancer fighter and survivor, hoping to spread the messages of early detection, making a difference, and life-balance. A native of St. Louis and forever fan of St. Louis Cardinals baseball, Paula has lived in Pasco County since 1987. She has two sons, Patrick and Phillip, and a beautiful granddaughter! She enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, bicycling, and sporting events.